Dear Bread...

I know that we have had a long-standing relationship.  We have been together for 30 some-odd years.  And we have had some great times together over the years.  Remember all of the delicious times we have had with chunky peanut butter and grape jelly?  Or with tomatoes and cucumbers?  Oh, all of those Sunday dinners we have had together!  When I'd dip you into gravy or twirl you in gravy.  Yeah, those are some great memories ...

And so, I have decided, that it is time for us to see each other less and less.  At first, we'll see each other for no more than once a day.  But eventually, I will cut you out of my life forever.  Because despite all of those good times there have been rocky ones.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  All of those time you suddenly left me with red itchy spots.  Or you spiked my blood sugar so high that in a couple of hours I crashed so hard that I had to take a nap.  All of those times you left me feeling bloated and empty.  Yeah, I remember those times as well.

I wish I could say it has been great, but ...

Comments

Popular Posts