Storify

This may sound a bit late coming from a Tweet-a-holic like myself, but I just got around to using Storify. I have had it bookmarked in my Twitter and Facebook Symbaloo for quite some time, but just have not had the time, or need, to use it. Until today!!!

My students have classroom Twitter accounts that we use for various things. This year we will be using them as a way to share books, TweetQuest discoveries, and learning with folks (like BrainPOP! and BrainPOP! Jr.) outside of our classroom.  After working on creating (safe) age-appropriate profiles and outlining our Twittequette, we began sharing and learning.  My students have already posted their updated Hopes and Dreams as well as participated in a TweetQuest about Kate DiCamillo.  But...I wanted to find a way to share their use of the social network.

This is where Storify comes in.  There are a variety of tools that can be used to share and/or archive tweets.  Some of my favorites are The Archivist and paper.li (more are listed in my Symbaloo).  But I wanted something that was a bit more visual and would allow me to edit the content.  Storify does just that.  You can choose from a variety of tools, not just Twitter, to create a story.  You can pull from Google, Flickr, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and more!  The two stories I created today (each in less than a half hour) are below.


[<a href="http://storify.com/merciermagic/hopes-and-dreams" target="_blank">View the story "Hopes & Dreams" on Storify</a>]

[<a href="http://storify.com/merciermagic/kate-dicamillo-chat" target="_blank">View the story "Kate DiCamillo Chat" on Storify</a>]

I will probably be creating a how-to video later on and will post that as soon as I do!

Comments

Popular Posts