Warm Yumminess

One of my favorite winter time breakfasts is oatmeal.  In years past I always opted for the instant oatmeal.  It was quick, easy, and flavorful.  But, I have to tell you that I was never full after eating it.  I do strive to eat whole foods, and that type of oatmeal (even if it says organic) just doesn't cut it.

About a year or so ago I decided to try steel cut oats.  This definitely meant I had to make a few changes because it's not a grab & cook in the microwave nor is it something that can be whipped in under 3 minutes.  And because I was worried about flavor I knew I had to do something about that...I certainly don't want to feel as if I'm eating cardboard!  Below is a recipe that has very few ingredients and has become a staple for me.  And did I mention that I am full for hours because of the fiber & protein that's packed in it?

Click to play this Smilebox recipe
Create your own recipe - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital recipe card generated with Smilebox

Comments

Popular Posts