Remember when Happy Meals were "Happy?"



So many articles have been coming out lately about the chemicals and preservatives that are in fast food. Just today I read an article about McDonald's starting to eliminate the pink goop they put in hamburger meat. What's worse is that article sited that the "trimmings are then processed and soaked in ammonium hydroxide and churned into ground beef." (read full article here) One word: "EW!"

Honestly, sometimes I want to just turn the other cheek and pretend I didn't hear it. After all, one of my favorite fast food items as a kid was a Happy Meal. I used to love getting a cheeseburger, small fries and that cheap-o toy that I couldn't live without.  As a kid, those cardboard boxes of yummy goodness lived up to their name.  Can't I provide the same experience as  parent?."EW!"

Sure, I do my best to provide the most healthy and organic options at home, but shouldn't this be all about balance? All of a sudden that occasional treat is leaving me with a guily feeling; as if I'm poisoning them in some way. That doesn't make me happy...AT ALL.

Comments

  1. My husband just informed me that he has never had a Happy Meal in his life. But after this recent news I can say he is lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts