Gracefully Gray

About a year or two ago I noticed a gray hair. I announced its arrival to my close friends and relatives, proclaiming that it did not bother me. Nope. Not one bit.

Then about 4-6 months ago I noticed another silver strand, buddying up next to the original arrival. I tried to convince my hair dresser that they were there, but she just couldn't find them. They have a tendency to do that, you know, hide.

Once I saw the second one I knew it was just a matter of time before others came. Refusing to admit that I am aging and blaming it on stress. I have had an incredibly stressful year, after all.

And then this morning. I dried my hair. Threw it up in a clip. I had to look not once, not twice, but four times. One look for each apparent lightning lock. How do they just appear like that? Without any warning? Any hint that there's going to be a color change?

I knew the day would come when I quickly turn gray, but I'm not fighting it. I'm not dying it. I'm not cutting it either. So I rearranged my do just a smidge so that the grays were front and center, adding a bit of highlight. Why should I hide it?

Comments

Popular Posts