Post - It Story


So Pinterest has definitely strayed me from my usual tech talk, but I'm having so much fun watching my kiddos enjoy the learning experiences that have inspired me that I just can't help but share.

This particular pin has nothing at all to do with education, but I modified it so that it would.  
I really liked the idea of using post - its to create something, as well as having a limited space to do so. 
The point of this activity is for the kiddos to use their word study words in a story.  Here are the steps we took today when using this organizer and publishing format.
  1. use a 3x3 post - it to write the phonetic focus & place next to words "word focus"
  2. place nine 1 1/2 x 2 post-its on the blank spaces
  3. write one word on each post - it that fits into the phonetic focus
  4. re-arrange the post-its so that they make some kind of story, use other words to bridge them
  5. write your story under the post-its, making sure to include the post-it words


The kiddos really enjoyed this activity.  They thought that it was a lot of fun to do something new during Word Study.  Also, they loved sharing their story with others at the end.  Not to mention that I modeled for them how to do a really silly (and possibly gross) story so they went wild with it, having tons of fun!  You can download the organizer here from my Word Study Live Binder.

Comments

Popular Posts