Drink It Up

Any health official (and Weight Watchers leader) will tell you how important it is to drink the recommended 6 - 8 cups of water a day.  Lately, as with a lot of things in my life, this is something that has just been difficult for me to follow. Maybe I need to focus less on my nails.  I don't know about you, but I drink water; bottled at work and filtered at home.  I hate to throw the empty bottles out right away (even though I am aware of chemical leeching), so I re-use them by filling them with water at home.  But it's just not the same. 

Thanks to the brutal New England humidity and the long Memorial weekend I was able to waste spend some additional time on Pinterest.  I re-pinned some great beverage recipes, but was thrilled by this one that I found.  I was thankful that today was our shopping day so that I could get fresh(er) fruit to try these out.  All I can say...YUM!!!!

Really all it is is ice, water, fresh fruit, and some herbs (optional).  What a great way to get some water into the day!  I was going to buy some mason jars (don't these drinks look pretty in them?), and if I actually entertained in my home, maybe I would've.  However...I remembered that I have these gems that I recently bought at JoAnn Fabrics (of all places) -------------------------------->

Today I made the pineapple mint drink and I have to admit that I wasn't sure how those 2 flavors would co-mingle, but it was absolutely delish!  The stirrers came in handy; particularly once I finished the drink.  I immediately refilled the cup with more ice & water, stirred, and sipped!  It wasn't as strong as the first batch, but was still full of flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts