Signage

My front door, like the rest of my house, is in need of sprucing up. When I first began trolling on Pinterest I noticed this:
I don't know about you, but we have a carpet as you walk in and it is incredibly helpful when people remove their shoes. I can't begin to tell you how my skin crawls when people trounce through my living room with their shoes on...I have to strength train on that rug and don't have the time to vaccuum everyday! So with all of this free time on my hands, I decided to try making a similar sign. Here's what I came up with:
I think it's pretty stinking cute! I found a pic of a pig that I liked and drew my own. I outlined the whole picture in black 1st and then I outlined the mud in brown and the pig in pink, his tongue in red. I downloaded some fun fonts from some blog a while back and I used one of them to create their letters. I suppose I could've printed it right on the matting, but used clear sticker paper instead. As for the frame: I bought a cheap one at Walmart, spray painted it, smudged the paint with a sponge, had my handy father-in-law drill a couple of holes in it, and pushed through some ribbon I found at Walmart. Voila!

Comments

Popular Posts