Blech!

I have always been a bit of a smoothie fan.  Over the years I have gone through fits and spurts of smoothie making.  I've gone through broken at least two smoothie makers.  Each ending in no more smoothie making for a short period of time.  Since Pinterest, and now my Ninja, I am in smoothie heaven.  For the most part I really enjoy the smoothies I have found on Pinterest.  However...there have been a couple that I've had to immediately spit out.  Dump down the drain.  Delete from my board.

I am a pumpkin fan. If it's got pumpkin in it, there's a pretty good chance I will eat or drink it.  Every fall it breaks my heart that I am not a coffee drinker, because the smell of pumpkin spice coffee salivates my senses.  So when I saw the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie I was in absolute heaven!  That is...until I took a sip.  The first time I made it, I didn't include the yogurt.  BIG MISTAKE!  I gagged down half of it,and then threw it in the fridge to try again the next morning.  When I woke up the next morning, I added the yogurt.  It was a bit better, but not much.  Gone from my board.

Not only am I pumpkin fan, but I am a huge fan of bananas!  So much so that my high school friends used to call me Chiquita.  I know that some people can't stand how just about every smoothie recipe has a banana in it, but I'm all in.  (I think they are there to add texture, fiber, and potassium.)  When I found this recipe I thought that the Hawaiian Tropic name of it would make it a winner.  But..NO.  First, off I was disappointed by the high calorie count AND how little of the smoothie there actually was!  Then, when I took a sip.  I had to spit it out in the sink.  Drink lots of water to get the taste out of my mouth.  In my opinion, for this to truly be considered a Hawaiian Tropic smoothie it should really have pineapple (and maybe some coconut) in it.    
 
Overall, I can't complain.  Most of the smoothies I have found have been WINNERS!  Even the ones that don't have an appetizing color to them.  If you made these smoothies and enjoyed them, I'd love to hear how you tweaked them to make them delish. 

Comments

Popular Posts