Boo-tacular Nails

If you asked anyone who knows me, they'll tell you I'm pretty Grinchy.  Not in the sense that I don't like to give, because I certainly enjoy giving to others.  But in the sense that I am not that big of a fan of holidays.  Valentine's Day?  Just a reason to boost card, candy, & jewelry sales (not to mention make people feel awful).  Easter?  Just an excuse to buy and eat pork.  Halloween?  A huge Nestle racket.  And don't get me started on Christmas!

So, this is why it has been quit surprising to my loved ones that I am actually decorating my nails in the spirit of Halloween.  Me, who can't stand putting up the Christmas tree.  Let's be honest, nail art is just too damn cute and creative to pass up.  So, although I kick and scream through the store as we purchase Halloween candy (ask my hubby about the temper tantrum I just threw), I had loads of fun decorating my nails for the holiday all month long.

These are a few on the pinspired designs I've done this past October.  It's really hard to choose which was my favorite.  But...the simplicity of the white eyes on black I adored.  As well as the Dexter inspired blood spatter nails.  Those were lots of fun!

That first picture shows how I've finally organized all of my stuff.  Before this I had some of my nail polish upstairs, some on the backers' rack, and a bunch of other nail stuff in the closet.  I was running all over the house whenever I was doing my nails!  One trip to IKEA allowed me to but the clear storage container and foldable baskets in 3 different sizes (all found in the market downstairs).

Now that the summer is over and, I suppose Halloween too, I need to find something else to do with my nails until December 1!  Stay tuned!!!

Comments

Popular Posts