MyFitnessPal



This is by far one of my most-used apps. Being a former Weight Watcher (and Lifetime Member) I wanted something free that I could do on my own. My friend gently nudged me to use this and was excited to see the coinciding apps! Here are my top ten reasons to use MyFitnessPal (MFP).

  1. You can customize your calorie count.  This app will calculate how many calories you need to eat each day.  All you have to do is put in a few numbers: your current weight, your goal weight, etc.  If you don't like what they tell you, you can put your own daily caloric intake!
  2. I don't know about you, but I am more interested in how many calories I burn (and can possibly add in to the day).  I just put in the activity I completed (running, yoga, strength training), and it calculates how many calories I have burned and earned.  One thing that is nice is that it is based upon your current weight.
  3. It's always nice to see some progress and one way MFP allows you to track progress is by recording your weight.  It creates a little graph to visually show you your gains &/or losses.  
  4. One progress feature I love is the pie chart that shows me how many carbs, fats, & proteins I have eaten.  This can also be customized, and I've recently changed mine to double my protein intake.  It is a nice way to see how I'm doing to meet that goal. 
  5. One thing I always forget is that the scale is only a number.  And not even an accurate number of your progress.  In other words, the scale could be going up, down, or not budging at all; but you could still be thinner.  MFP lets you track other measurements like your waist, hips, arms, etc.  You can track how many inches you have lost!  LOVE this even more than tracking my weight!!
  6. MFP can be accessed anywhere at anytime.  You can use it on your computer, smartphone, tablet, and even offline (no connection).  
  7. I like being able to connect with friends.  I love seeing what they are up to and giving them a little bit of encouragement.  I recently just left my sister a 'way to go' note for the hiking she did. 
  8. There is a recipe builder.  I love this because I am a bit of a smoothie fan and concoct all kinds of delectable drinks to get my nutrition in.  I love being able to create a recipe and knowing exactly what the calories and nutrition are per serving!
  9. Speaking of nutrition...You get a breakdown of your daily intake: vitamins A&C, calcium, iron, etc.  This is helpful because I can sometimes be deficient in some areas. 
  10. Another feature I like is being able to see how I'm doing for the day and/or the week.  It will tell me where I stand for the week in terms of calories and nutrition. 
These are in no particular order, but definitely why I adore MFP!

    Comments

    Popular Posts