The Many Uses of Evernote

Evernote happens to be one of my favorite applications / tools.  I've written about it many times, and you can see them all here.  Now that I am no longer in the classroom, I use Evernote slightly differently.  I now use it to keep my professional life organized.  

I use it to keep all of my travel plans straight.  I use tags to organize the multiple notes that I have in each notebook, but I'm now in love with setting myself reminders so that I can stay right in Evernote to remind myself to get things done, or where I need to be.  I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to do this, but at least I'm doing it now!

I also store all of my professional emails in Evernote.  This may sound crazy, but when you travel all over the country to do any number of workshops or type of work it is important to keep track of who you spoke with, about what, and when.  

All of my workshop notes are stored in Evernote, & I love how I can slip in images & PPT slides right into my notes to make presenting a heck of a lot easier!  Not to mention that because I am a premium user (I began paying for it when I was a classroom teacher & continue to do so because I enjoy the features) I can have notebooks offline.  This is so important when presenting!!! Many schools I work in either have limited cell service or no WiFi.  It's just easier to have access to my presenting notes with or without the school's technology; besides I can put my iPad on airplane mode to conserve the battery & still use my notes!

So often, people will ask me what I use to keep my notes in.  Well...it's Evernote!  I am excited to be sharing Evernote with my colleagues this week!  I created a guide / handout / infographic to go with the session.  It's only an hour session, but I wanted folks to have information at their fingertips to support their experience regardless of how often they currently use Evernote. (I'm not crazy about how this embedded, but you can also click here to see the PDF.)



Do you have a favorite feature of Evernote?

Comments

Popular Posts